The Department of Energy's (DOE) Office of Nuclear Energy (NE) today announced a new Request for Applications (RFAs) for the Integrated University Program (IUP) seeking applicants for undergraduate scholarships nuclear energy-related fields.
Scholarships are $7,500 for one year. Applications will be accepted from all U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents,including those who belong to underrepresented groups, those with disabilities, and people from all geographic and economic backgrounds attending an IUP-approved college or university (See Table 1 announcement below) while pursuing NS&E disciplines. FIU is an IUP approved University.
Applications are due on January 25, 2017, and must be submitted using the online submittal system found at neup.gov. The Office of Nuclear Energy intends to notify award recipients in April 2017.
Click here to submit an application. You must create a new account if you do not already have one.
FIU Nuclear Energy University Scholarship Program sponsored by the US Department of Energy (Office of Nuclear Energy-Nuclear Energy University Programs-NEUP)
- Students must have completed at least one semester of undergraduate study to apply and be enrolled as an undergraduate at the time of award.
- Students must have maintained at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA (based on a 4.0 scale). GPAs are not rounded.
- Students holding a F1 student visa are not eligible.
Application Deadline: Jan. 25th, 2017
FIU Program Contacts for NEUP Scholarships:
- Konstantinos Kavallieratos, Ph.D., Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, (305) 348-6034
- Dave Roelant, Ph.D. Program Co-Director, email@example.com (305) 348-6225