Undergraduate students may apply for a broad range of scholarships at FIU, both before they arrive and during their course of study. Learn more about chemistry-related opportunities below.
- Zaida C. Morales-Martínez & Howard E. Moore Chemistry Award
The Zaida C. Morales-Martínez & Howard E. Moore Chemistry Award (M+M) is a one-time award of $500 presented by the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry based on the student's academic record and extracurricular activities, including involvement in the FIU Chemistry Club.
- Must be a chemistry major
- Must have entered their junior or senior year in the Fall 2018 semester and should have at least two more semesters before graduation.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must not have previously won the award
The application has two steps:
- Fill out the survey
- Then email a copy of your unofficial transcript to Dr. Jeff Joens (email@example.com) or Dr. Milagros Delgado (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The deadline for turning in applications is March 1.
- Leonard S. Keller Memorial Scholarship
In 1972, a freshly minted chemistry Ph.D. accepted a faculty position at a university that did not yet exist. Professor Keller was one of five physical sciences faculty hired to help establish a new university in Miami. He dedicated his 44-year career at FIU to building a world-class chemistry department. Today, that department has more than 40 faculty members, over 100 graduate students, and countless alumni spread all over the world. Presented in his honor, the Leonard S. Keller Scholarship goes to a deserving student, or students, in organic chemistry.
- Stacey J. Oddman, M.D. CARI-STEM First Generation Scholarship Endowment
The Stacey J. Oddman, M.D. CARI-STEM First Generation Scholarship Endowment was established in the College of Arts, Sciences & Education in support of first-generation students at FIU pursuing an undergraduate education in STEM fields.
- MARC U*STAR Program
The MARC U*STAR program supports minority students who are rising juniors interested in biomedical or behavioral science research. Learn more about MARC U*STAR
- CASE and FIU Scholarships
For more scholarship opportunities, visit the listings on CASE News.
All high school students applying for Fall term admission are evaluated for competitive, merit-based scholarship packages. Additional scholarships are made available to current FIU students. Check the list of scholarships available for Spring and Fall 2018